More Strategic Partnership Articles
Strategic Partnership Ideas and Case Studies
Networking Done Differently
Be our guest
B2B Businesses only
12 strategic partnership ideas (not just) for accountants
By Brenda Thomson
I was at a networking event recently where more than half the attendees were accountants. Which was great as I am regularly asked about how to create connections with quality accountants.
I took the time to ask a few of them about who they work with to help generate more quality leads for their business and to add value to their clients.
I consistently got four answers:
- Financial advisors
- Mortgage brokers
So I thought it was time to add a few more professions to the mix. Here are a few more strategic alliance opportunities for accountants…
Let’s start with the relatively obvious:
- Debt collection,
- Invoice factoring
- commercial finance brokering,
all working together with the accountant to maintain the clients’ financial health.
- A relationship between an accountant and good business consultant is an outstanding WIN-WIN opportunity and a great way to get the best possible results for both parties’ clients.
- An accountant and a good strategic marketing consultant are also a match made in heaven. One of the best solutions to a client’s cash flow problems is to help them to get more clients.
- An accountant and a business broker are also a great combination for clients looking to either buy or sell a business.
- And how about a relationship with a good insurance broker.
- Or how about getting creative… Can you host educational seminars on topics of particular interest to your clients? Anything from property investment to social media. That will open up a whole range of new alliance opportunities.
And finally the answer to how to create WIN WIN connections with quality accountants…
- Choose only to work with accountants who share your values and professional ethics and who can add exceptional value to your clients.
- Provide a high quality service which is of exceptional value to the accountant’s clients and will make a genuine difference to their businesses. Help make the accountant look even better than they already are.
- Make it EASY for the accountant to refer/introduce you.
Information on HOW to implement Strategic Partnerships and JVs effectively
Four steps to an effective strategic partnership plan
The 10 things you absolutely MUST know about creating strategic partnerships and joint ventures (JVs)
Is your business strategic partnership ready?
Seven steps to identifying the perfect strategic partners for your business
Strategic Partnership and JV Checklist
CEO and Founder, Synergy48 Group
Brenda has an honours degree in organizational psychology and a Graduate Certificate in training and development and she is an experienced trainer, facilitator and counsellor. She is a firm believer in mutual collaboration combined with a practical, hands on tools, strategies and systems as the most effective way to achieve real results in business.
Brenda has over 20 years of experience training in communication, team work, time management, productivity, organisation and strategic planning in large organisations. She is also the developer of the Business Benchmarking Toolkit used by Synergy48 Group members and clients to identify areas for improvement in their business processes.
Brenda is a sought after mentor, speaker and trainer in the areas of strategic partnerships and networking with a difference. She is passionate about actively giving back to the community. In addition to donating her speaking fees and a proportion of every Synergy48 Group membership to provide microfinance to help women in Malawi to start their own businesses, Brenda has climbed the Himalayas to raise money for Kids Help Line and helped lay a pipeline to supply water to a remote village in Tanzania.