The Synergy48 Group Mission
We’re creating a community where good people can do good things together – helping one another build more profitable and sustainable businesses that are making a real difference for their clients and the world.
What we stand for
Doing what is in the best interest of every client is our guiding principle. We work together as one, focusing on each client’s unique goals, objectives and situation to ensure the best outcome for every client, every time.
We aspire to be a true north version of business—one that provides economic development, prosperity and positive growth in a way that is socially just and environmentally sustainable. Every service we provide also contributes to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Welcome to Synergy48 Group
Synergy48 Group started out in 2011 as the SMART-Connect Alliance, a business networking group with a difference. We wanted to connect high quality B2B business owners, so together they could add more value to their clients while growing their own businesses.
Back then the things that made us different from other networking groups were:
- Our emphasis on quality control – offering memberships to high quality, experienced B2B business owners only.
- No expectation of referrals – any referral had to be, and still must be, in the best interests of the client.
- Our focus on collaboration; creating strategic alliances and partnerships to make it easier for members to add value to one another’s clients and prospects.
Over time we have evolved, as every healthy business does, to become the Synergy48 Group you see today.
Business Networking Done Differently: Great Businesses Doing Great Thinks Together.
I think we can be justifiably proud of the 13 things that make us Synergy48 Group and our members stand out from the crowd.
- We are all 100% committed to our shared values of professional excellence, integrated customer-centric service, truth and fairness.
- Every S48 member maintains high standards of professional excellence measured by our client feedback processes
- All Synergy48 Group members are B2B businesses serving the SME market This makes it easy to share valuable referrals and create powerful strategic partnerships.
- Membership to S48 Group is based on ensuring every member is a fit for the ecosystem with each member holding a unique niche within their region.
- There are no referral quotas. Members have access to an extensive library of strategic partnership guidelines and templates and our systems and processes support members in identifying and implementing valuable and innovative strategic partnership opportunities that they can implement together
- Members have access to our proprietary Better Business Practices Benchmarking Tool Kit, The Benchmarker enabling you to easily identify gaps in your business practices and implement action plans and strategies for ongoing business improvement.
- Share key information from your industry and keep your clients informed about any key information from outside your area of expertise which may affect their business through industry updates and alerts from your Synergy48 Group peers.
- Every month each group holds a Knowledge Sharing Dinner bringing together invited clients to explore specific business challenges, adding real value to your clients and those of your fellow members.
- We work collaboratively both within and between groups, providing your clients with fully integrated services and solutions, reducing overlap and wastage, increasing efficiency, saving them time and money and ensuring better outcomes for their business.
- Our range of collective client marketing strategies includes a client-centric website and social media activities providing members with collective brand credibility and increased awareness.
- The monthly meeting process provides the opportunity to discuss challenges and issues with your fellow members in a supportive environment where every member is an expert in their field and everyone cares about the continued success of every member.
- All meetings and Knowledge Sharing Dinners are professionally facilitated by experienced business consultants utilising our tried and tested meeting processes, ensuring every member and guest gets maximum value from every meeting.
- We aspire to be a true north version of business—one that provides economic development, prosperity and positive growth in a way that is socially just and environmentally sustainable. Every service we provide our members contributes to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
I look forward to getting to know you.
CEO and founder
About the founder
Brenda Thomson, CEO and Founder of Synergy48 Group is an experienced and award winning small business owner. Her businesses have won an Australian Home Based Business of the Year Award and a My Business Magazine Best Start-up award. They have also appeared in the Anthill Magazine top 100 Cool Companies list in 2015 and and the top 100 innovative businesses in 2016.
Brenda has an honours degree in organizational psychology and a Graduate Certificate in training and development and she is an experienced trainer, facilitator and counsellor.
Brenda is a firm believer in mutual collaboration combined with a practical, hands on tools, strategies and systems as the most effective way to achieve real results in business.
She has over 20 years of experience training in communication, team work, time management, productivity, organisation and strategic planning in large organisations. She is also the developer of the Business Benchmarking Toolkit used by Synergy48 Group members and clients to identify areas for improvement in their business processes.
Brenda is a sought after mentor, speaker and trainer in the areas of strategic alliances and joint ventures and networking with a twist. She is also passionate about actively giving back to the wider community. In addition to donating her speaking fees and a proportion of every Synergy48 Group membership to provide microfinance to help women in Malawi to start their own small businesses, Brenda has also climbed the Himalayas to raise money for Kids Help Line and helped lay a pipeline to supply water to a remote village in Tanzania.
Want to know more?
Ask a question
Got a specific question about Synergy48 Group?
HINT: You may find the answer you're looking for in the FAQ