These interactions can happen through a widespread range of media and output, including documents, email, Short Message Service (SMS) phone calls, in person meetings, social media channels, video streaming, podcasts and Web pages.
An effective customer communications process results in reduced customer acquisition costs, increased client retention and maximised lifetime value of each customer.
How does your business measure up?
Here’s a checklist to help you determine how well your business meets this benchmark.
- We communicate at least monthly with all of our customers and prospects to ensure that we stay top of mind and maintain brand awareness
- Our customer communication practices reflect our brand identity and core values and match the expectations of our ideal clients.
- We include customer communication performance indicators into the job description of every staff member.
- Our customer communication policies and processes are fully documented.
- We have a social media communication policy and strategy which reflects our prospects’ and customers’ social media preferences.