What is a brand promise and why is it important to a successful business?
Your brand promise is crucial to you differentiation as it represents everything a company stands for — or does not stand for. It is the unique statement of what your company offers, what separates it from its rivals, and what makes it worthy of your customers’ consideration.
A brand promise is the tangible, emotional, and aspirational benefits your customer can expect to gain by using your brand or dealing with you. B2B companies can think of it as how your brand will create value for your customer.
With every interaction your customers have with your brand, your B2B or B2C customers are either learning what your brand promises, or experiencing the reality behind that promise.
How does your business measure up?
We have developed a brand promise that we live day in and day out. It guides product and service development and is fully embraced by the entire team.
- Our brand Promise statement clearly describes the value we deliver to our target customers and is grounded in what they care about most.
- We have embedded it into our business and treat it as the core focus of the business.
- We use it as a tool for analysing and closing gaps by asking “what do we need to improve/do better, to meet our promise”.
- It is different from competitors’ brand promises.
- It is simple and easy for everybody to remember.
- Our employees understand, are motivated and embrace the Promise. It gives meaning to their work and is intrinsically tied to their sense of self and purpose.
About the Author
Click on the image below for more information