This post is one in a series designed to help SME businesses benchmark their business and create a best practice business improvement plan across all of their business processes. You can find the links to the full series here.
What is a brand identity and why is it so important to my brand?
Your brand identity is everything that is communicated publicly to portray the personality of your organization, its products and services. It’s the feeling that someone has when they think about your product, service or company. Something to understand is that your brand is not simply a logo! A companies’ logo stands as an emblem for all that their brand encompasses.
Your brand is everything your customer or potential customer, your staff and your other stakeholders see, hear, feel, experience, believe and remember through all of these various channels.
- Customer Experience
- Staff – appearance and behaviour
How does your business measure up?
Here’s a checklist to help you determine the strength of your brand identity
- We have a logo which reflects our brand and identity and resonates with our ideal clients.
- We have a website that reflects our brand identity, resonates with our ideal clients.
- We have a presence on any relevant social media channels that reflects our brand identity and resonates with our ideal clients
- All our marketing and advertising collateral reflects our brand identity and resonates with our ideal clients
- We have a fully documented style guide to ensure consistency across all of our marketing and advertising collateral.
- Our customer service practices reflect our brand identity.
- All client facing staff can be easily identified with our organisation and positively reflect our brand identify through both their appearance and actions.
- Our physical environment (e.g. office and reception space etc) reflects our brand identity.
- We review our brand identity on a regular basis – at least once every 12 months to ensure that it remains up to date and continues to resonate with our ideal clients.